The following page references local job links within the greater Las Vegas area. View the listing.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) recognizes both the growing frequency and importance of dual-career couples in the academic workplace and the importance of addressing their needs in order to secure the recruitment and retention of the most highly qualified faculty and staff. Accordingly, if a current employee, or a person who has received an offer of employment, requests assistance in locating employment opportunities for another person, it is the policy of the NSHE to extend limited assistance.
Within the framework of the following guideline, institutional personnel will provide information identifying appropriate employment opportunities. In addition, employment information and resources relevant to identifying potential positions should be shared among NSHE campuses.
Assistance in seeking employment is governed by the following conditions:
- Assistance may in no way interfere with, replace, supercede, or compromise the integrity of each NSHE institution's normal hiring policies and practices.
- Assistance remains in compliance with all affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Assistance will be provided regardless of the rank, classification, or function of the person requesting assistance.
- Assistance is neither a guarantee nor a promise of employment. It is the responsibility of each institution to ensure that all parties clearly understand that no employment, or offer of employment, includes a promise or expectation that the institution will find or provide employment for another person.
- The specific nature of assistance shall be determined by the institution. Information on opportunities should not be restricted to positions within the NSHE, but may include potential job listings with state and local government, non-profit organizations and, private companies as well as listing with the NSHE.